Computers and laptops / notebooks have become a part of our life. Life without a computer is next to impossible in this age of fast growing world of electronics and technology.
As the demand for computers grew, more and more companies stepped in the business to manufacture computers and computer hardware and software. Some of these companies manufacture all computer parts and sell under their own brand, while others manufacture only some of the hardware and few others develop only software. Computer companies like Intel and AMD manufacture computer processor and other high-end hardware. Companies like Microsoft and Google produce only computer software with some exception. Some companies even manufacture computer hardware parts on contract basis for OEM companies.
This article will feature the top 10 computer manufacturing companies in the world. These companies are selected based on their global market share.
Top 10 Computer Manufacturers
- HP : HP (Hewlett-Packard) is a leading American multinational computer system manufacturer in the world. They manufacturer printers, laptops, computers, servers, storage devices, networking, software, enterprise solutions and much more.
- Acer : Acer ranks among the world's top five branded PC vendors. This Taiwan-based multinational computer technology and electronics corporation that manufactures desktop and laptop PCs, personal digital assistants (PDAs), servers, storage devices, displays, smartphones and peripherals and hardware.
- Dell : Dell is a American multinational information technology corporation. Thic company provides technology solutions, services and support. Dell manufacturers Laptops, Netbooks, Tablet PCs, Desktops, Monitors, Servers, Storage and other computer-relater hardware.
- Lenovo : Lenovo is a Chinese-based multinational computer technology corporation. This company manufacturers desktops, notebook, personal computers, workstations, servers, storage drives, IT management software, and computer-related products and services.
- Toshiba : Toshiba is a Japanese multinational company. Toshiba is a manufacturer and suppliers of all kinds of electrical products including laptops, notebooks, computer desktop and other computer related products and services.
- IBM : International Business Machines (IBM) is a United States based multinational technology and consulting company. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, infrastructure, hosting and consulting services.
- Fujitsu : Fujitsu is a Japanese multinational computer hardware and IT services company. Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT products and services including hardware, software, networking, business solutions, and more.
- NEC : NEC is a Japanese multinational IT company. The company provides information technology (IT) and network solutions. NEC Corporation is one of the world's leading providers of Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions.
- Apple : Apple Inc is an American multinational company. The company's main focus is on design and marketing of consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. Best known products of Apple include iPod and iTunes, Mac laptop and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the revolutionary iPhone and iPad.
- Gateway Computers : Gateway Incorporated is a subsidiary company of Acer Inc. The company manufactures and markets computer hardware, personal computers, computer monitors, servers, and computer accessories.
Courtesy : http://sapost.blogspot.in/